In this video panellists talk about how the consumer navigates the messaging through our digital healthcare portals.
There is so much potential for Australia to springboard off our existing digital infrastructure in the short term to simplify access to healthcare, improve health equity and reduce the duplication of services created by the fragmentation of our health system.
There is no doubt that covid has accelerated innovation and allowed us to test the waters of what is possible.
It is now time to talk about how we scale up and redirect consumers to our digital options to relieve pressure on the system and to ensure people get the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
In this panel from the Wild Health Sydney Summit, some of the people who are leading this change in Australia talk about the NSW Health/Healthdirect single front door, the Victorian Virtual Emergency Department, digital mental health pathways and how the all-important consumer navigates the messaging.
- Harry Iles-Mann, health consumer advocate;
- Bettina McMahon, CEO of Healthdirect Australia;
- Dr Mike Millard, clinical director of the Clinical Research Unit for Anxiety and Depression at St Vincent’s Health Australia;
- Dr Suzanne Miller, director of strategy, quality, and technology and clinical deputy director of the VVED;
- Dr Amith Shetty, clinical director of system sustainability and performance at the NSW Ministry of Health; and
- Moderator Raj Verma, principal at Nous Group.